Our valuable patient; This information form has been prepared to help you more. It is recommended that you read and apply the following information for situations that may occur after your surgery.
- You will stay in the hospital for 1-2 days after the operation. There may be slight bleeding and some pain after the operation.
- After the operation, the ear bandage will be opened 24-36 hours later and only ear closure bandage will be applied for 5-7 days.
- You can eat a meal consisting of liquid and soft foods 4 hours after the operation. You can switch to a normal meal the day after the surgery. There is no specific dietary restriction for this surgery.
- It is not recommended to lie on the side of the ear you were operated on for 15 days after surgery.
- After 7-10 days after the operation, you can take a bath and wash your hair, provided that no water gets into the inner part of the ear.
- On the paper (Epikriz) given to you during your exit from the hospital, detailed information about your surgery and the names of the doctors who performed your surgery will be written. You need to keep this paper and have it with you during all controls.
- You should come for a check-up once a week for a month, then once a month until you complete the 3rd month.
- After the 7th postoperative day, you will need to use drops in the operated ear for 1 month.
- It is not recommended to do mandatory coughing, sneezing and straining for the first 3 weeks after surgery. In case of sneezing, your mouth should be opened wide to avoid pressure on your ears. To avoid cold or flu-like conditions, you should limit your contact with other people.
- It is not appropriate to scratch and mix your operated ear after surgery.
- It is useful to chew gum for 20 minutes 2 times a day for 1 month after the operation.
- Bathing can be done after the stitches are removed, provided that water is not leaked into the ear canal.
- At the end of the second month after the operation, you will have a hearing test.
- Do not heed the medical advice given to you in your circle or friends environment.
- We hope you will benefit from this surgery and that your next life will be healthy and peaceful.